FREEWARE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MediaMonkey

Go down

MediaMonkey Empty MediaMonkey

Post  tux Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:59 am

MediaMonkey Mediamonkey-screenshot
MediaMonkey is an advanced music manager comprising a music player, cd ripper, audio converter, ID3 Tag editor, and playlist generator. It also supports external MP3 players, including the Ipod.

If you’ve been looking for a free program that can be a kind of one-stop-shop of audio, doing everything that you might possibly want to do with your library of audio files (and doing it well) - MediaMonkey just might be that program.

Here are some of the reasons why this program is so cool:

Audio format conversions. Supported formats are MP3, WMA, OGG, WAV, and FLAC.
Rips and burns music CD’s.
Powerful Tag editing functionality: as good as it gets, with support for importing ID3 tags and album art from external resources like Amazon and Freedb. Auto tagging tracks and saving album art from Amazon is just beautiful!
Organization: allows you to automatically change your music library’s folder structure based on your audio files’ tag information.
Dynamic Playlists: you can easily create these, e.g. “all tracks from the ‘Electronic’ genre from 2004 to 2006″. Unfortunately, advanced dynamic playlists based on multiple criteria are only availabe in the paid ‘Gold’ version of the program.
Search: makes it possible to find the music you are looking for in a snap.
It offers versatile scripting support. In fact there are hundreds of downloadable scripts and skins that a community of enthusiasts have created that enable MediaMonkey to do pretty much anything you could think of.
Also offers compatibility with Winamp 2 plugins.
Synchronization with MP3 players, including the Ipod is seamless. The paid version allows for automatic file conversion when syncing music with hardware players (this sounds nice but I can certainly live without it).
It is a music player not an audio player. As far as I am concerned this is a huge PLUS, as this would have been over-reach, and I already have my favorite freeware video players which I am extremely happy with (VLC media player and GOM Player).
The program also features a motley collection of cool little features, such as controlling the player by mouse gestures, support for skins, a right-click ‘find more from the same’ command that delivers tracks from the same artist, album, genre, etc.
MediaMonkey seems to me to be less resource intensive than some other shareware ‘Music Management’ software that I have used (specifically Media Center and Musicmatch).

Code:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/
tux
tux
Writer
Writer

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum